Rage Across Three Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backgrounds and older Gifts.

3 posters

Go down

Backgrounds and older Gifts. Empty Backgrounds and older Gifts.

Post  Endures the Storms Fury Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Heya STs

Had some thoughts and wanted to toss some questions out there.

Spirits:

If I use a gift to reduce a spirit's tempers (Curse of Hatred, Calm, Spirit Savage, etc) does that lower the spirit's overall trait total? For instance if the spirit has 28 physical traits normally and I use some gift to reduce its Rage or Willpower would that reduce it's physical trait total (in table top I know most traits are derived from tempers so I wasn't sure)

Restricted Backgrounds:

I asked before, but I wasn't sure what other backgrounds might be restricted. I know you can't buy pure breed after character creation. Could players buy up things like Ancestors, Numen, Spirit Heritage (I figure no, just like Pure Breed), Spirit Networks, Wyld/Wyrm/Weaver Touch, or Clout.

Older Gifts:

Found a gift called Combat Healing in the 2nd Ed Players Guide, and was wondering if STs would allow things like that to be submitted? If you need a reference, I can post it or type it out. I know there's also Gifts in Wild West/Dark Ages etc. I wasn't sure how this worked with us being part of the org now.
Endures the Storms Fury
Endures the Storms Fury

Back to top Go down

Backgrounds and older Gifts. Empty Re: Backgrounds and older Gifts.

Post  HST Jacob Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 am

1. Yes

2. Pure breed can go up under extreme circumstances. Such things couldn't be planned on though.
clout can be earned, the touched back grounds could be inflicted by an extremely powerful spirit of that type.
Spirit netwpk can be developed.

3. Combat healing is also in the revised players guide to garou.
As for old gifts sure we can work with you on them if you bring it to us. Though if there is a newer write up of the gift we will use the newest one.
HST Jacob
HST Jacob
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Endures the Storms Fury Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 am

What about Ancestors and Numen?

And I'm just a little special that I missed Combat healing did get an update in the PGtG.
Endures the Storms Fury
Endures the Storms Fury

Back to top Go down

Post  ST Tom Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:25 am

The way Numen is written it just doesn't make sense to be able to earn it after creation. Ancestors have specific ways of being earned. The easiest of which is to do an extremely moving Gathering for the Departed and then make a specific chop. You can also go to your tribal homeland, or the Abyss to connect with your ancestors.
ST Tom
ST Tom
Staff

https://rageacross3rivers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down